WET weather may have forced the abandonment of the races but it didn't dampen spirits at Kendrick Racing's annual raceday function on Sunday (October 14).
The sell-out event went ahead in the upstairs function area at Corbould Park and a great time was had by all in attendance.
There were also plenty of winners on the day, despite there being no local races.
The popular annual punting competition went ahead, with betting on the Cranbourne races, and was won by John Swalling.
For his punting prowess, he won shares in Foxwedge and Smart Missile fillies, including 12 months of training fees.
Creek to Coast host Scott Hillier, who was special guest and MC at the raceday function for the second year in a row, is also an owner of these two fillies. He will host owners on racedays when they race.
Other major prize winners at the function included:
- A night at Mitchelton Hotel, including wine and stud tour and dinner hosted by Adam Sangster, won by John Strano.
- Phil Collins tickets for Suncorp Stadium concert, donated by Alan Graham, won by Glen Morton. This prize raised $2200 for the Cancer Council of Queensland, which was presented on the day.
Stuart and Trudy Kendrick wish to thank all raceday sponsors (even though the races didn't go ahead).
- Austack Produce Sunshine Coast
- Williams Civil
- Britt’s Selected Meats
- Landsborough Pub & Bucks Baker
- Kendrick Racing
- Fusion Hair Caloundra
- Novotel Brisbane Airport
Thanks also for the raffle donations, including:
- Bryce from “Fusion Hair Caloundra” (gift basket)
- Barb from “It’s all about you” (gift basket)
- Jemma from “The Palms” (facial mask packages)
- Matt Alan from Trailers Spare Direct (embossed champagne glasses)